Wes Johnson to Forego Senior Season

Excerpt from the SUAthletics.com:

Junior forward Wes Johnson has decided to enter his name in the NBA Draft this spring. The consensus All-American will formally announce his plans at a 3:00 p.m. press conference in the Carmelo Anthony Basketball Center on Monday, April 12.

“I’m declaring for the NBA Draft," Johnson said. "Right now I just want to thank everybody. This has been a great season, last year I didn’t know what to expect, coming from sitting out but we had a wonderful season and I had a great season but it has always been my dream to go to the NBA."

"Because I found a home here and fell in love with Syracuse," Johnson said. "This was the hardest decision I had to make in my life. When I was bouncing around trying to pick a school it was tough, but nothing like this. I don’t want to leave this place but I know I can come back and call it home.”

  © 2010 Draft Depot.

Back to TOP